Welcome to the WiscWeb Service. We are excited to be able to offer you this service, and hope that you will find it beneficial for your UW Madison web sites. As you log in for the first time, we want you to be aware of some of the rules of the road for usage. In addition to the terms for computer usage that you agreed to when you activated your NetID, there are some additional rules specific to usage within WiscWeb.
By logging in and using WiscWeb, you are agreeing to adhere to the following terms of service:
- WiscWeb content will be publically accessible. No sensitive or restricted data may be stored in WiscWeb (https://kb.wisc.edu/itpolicy/cio-data-classification-policy).
- Individuals using this service are required to:
- Follow the UW-Madison Responsible Use of Information Technology Policy.
- Comply with all other applicable University policies, State and Federal laws, including for example:
UW WordPress Theme Use
The WiscWeb Service uses the UW Madison Theme for all sites. Individuals using this service are required to adhere to the UW WordPress Theme Guidelines.
All new or revised Web pages and other Web Resources published, hosted or otherwise provided by the University must comply with the UW-Madison World Wide Web Accessibility Policy. For more information on how to make your site accessible, please see the Web Accessibility Guidelines.
UW-Madison respects the legitimate privacy interests of WiscWeb Users within appropriate limits for educational, ethical and legal reasons.
- WiscWeb administrators routinely monitor the volume of WiscWeb traffic for system management purposes.
- Usage may also be subject to security testing and monitoring.
- If the University receives a credible report that a violation has occurred, or if, in the course of managing the service, discovers evidence of a violation, then the matter will be referred for investigation, University disciplinary action, and/or criminal prosecution.
- Complaints that specific material violates the law or University policy should be reported to the Office of Cybersecurity, as described at:
- If you are employed by the University, you should be aware that any documents that you save or publish in WiscWeb may be subject to the Wisconsin Open Records Act. For more information on the Records Management, please go to: