While we believe that the UW Theme is great as is, we understand that it doesn’t fit the needs of all. Therefore, we offer the ability to customize it with a few stylistic embellishments.
Please note that all customizations are cost recovery, require University Marketing approval, and are subject to team member availability. All requests are handled on a first come, first served basis. Additionally, per our Terms of Service, only the WiscWeb team can contribute code to your site. Vendor-built themes and functionality are not supported.
If your customization is beyond what WiscWeb can accommodate, the UW Theme may already offer a suitable alternative to your request. We recommend scheduling Office Hours our visiting our Features content to learn more about the capabilities of what the UW Theme offers.
We will complete customizations as quickly as we are able but may be delayed due to high backlog.
Also, as a small team, we are strictly limited to the customizations outlined in this page. Any follow-up requests other than a logo swap, logo removal, or color change will be denied. Similarly, if the changes made do not look right to you in our QA/Staging environment, we will allow only one additional opportunity to edit before pushing the changes to Production.
Update Your Logo
There are two options for addressing the logo in the header of your site:
1.) Remove the UW Crest entirely.
2.) Replace it with your custom logo.
If you decide you want to swap out the UW crest for your logo, you will need to provide a quality logo file with your form submission.
- Must be at least 72ppi
- Must have a max-width of 300px
- Must be JPG, SVG, or PNG files only (PNG recommended over JPG)
- No text-only logos allowed
- No campus print logos
**Please note that your logo would be placed in the same sized container as the UW Crest (Approx. 40px by 70px). We will not be resizing the space to make logos appear bigger.
Recolor the Site
The campus red color (#c5050c) can be replaced on your site by one single alternative color, provided that it passes color contrast for readability.
For this, we will need you to choose a new color, and supply the hex code. Find your color and you can add it to your customization request form.
Unfortunately, we are not able to make certain instances of the red one color and other instances another color. This is an all-or-nothing change.
The customizations process can take several days to even weeks, depending on team member availability.
Here are the basic steps in the process:
- Complete customization form: Below is a link to our customization request form. You will need to complete this form to formally request that customizations be added to your site.
- Approval: The customization form will automatically be sent to the WiscWeb team and University Marketing for approval. The request must be approved by both teams in order to be added to our development queue.
- Work added to queue: After your request is approved, we’ll add your request to our queue of customizations. Customizations are complete based on priority and submission date.
- Review changes: When customizations are complete, we’ll provide you with a preview link so you can review the changes on your site before they go live.
- Changes go live!: When you’re ready, you’ll give us the green light and we’ll add the customizations to your live site.
Note: Each stylistic change requested in this form is a set price of $255.
It is required that you have the following assets / information ready when you submit the customization request form. If you do not provide the needed information your request will likely be denied.
- Logo asset (for replacement only)
- Hex color code
DoIT Billing Number